[Information up to date as of 06/01/2018]
May 25, 2018: County Planning and Development released a Notice of Preparation of a Draft Environmental Impact Report for the PetroRock UCCB project. A public scoping meeting has been scheduled for June 18, 2018 at 6:00 pm at the Betteravia Government Center Board of Supervisorís Conference Room, 511 East Lakeside Parkway, Santa Maria, CA 93455. Both the Notice of Preparation and the public scoping meeting notice are located in the documents list here.
MRS Environmental has been selected to prepare the Environmental Impact Report (EIR) on behalf of the County of Santa Barbara. Upon completion of the public scoping meeting, MRS Environmental and the County of Santa Barbara will begin preparation of the Draft EIR.
PetroRock, LLC (PetroRock) is proposing the United California, California and Bradley (UCCB) Project (Project) to reactivate oil production in the north central portion of the State designated Cat Canyon Oil Field through a thermally enhanced oil recovery process built out in two phases. In total, 231 new oil, injection, and water wells located on 29 well pads, a centralized tank battery, pipelines and ancillary equipment are proposed. The entirety of the project is located on existing drill pads or currently disturbed ground, and would use existing public or private roads for operations and transportation. The project lands encompass approximately 710 gross acres, of which the project development footprint would be limited to approximately 28 acres (4.0% of gross area). Current uses on the property include existing oil pads, cattle grazing, and vineyard operations. The project area covers portions of APNís 129-180-018, -037, -038, 101-030-011, and 101-040-026. The property would continue to be accessed from the South via Dominion Road and from the North via Orcutt-Garey Road and is located in the Fifth Supervisorial District, approximately 5 miles southeast of the City of Santa Maria and 1.5 miles west of the town of Sisquoc.
The proposed Project includes the following:
- Oil Drilling and Production Plan (ODPP) (County Case No. 15PPP-00000-00002) to allow for establishment of oil and gas production operations.
- Development Plan (County Case No. 16DVP-00000-00015) to allow for construction of an approximately 2.7-mile private natural gas line which would extend from an existing Public Utilities Commission gas pipeline to bring additional gas to the project site and an oil sales pipeline to a connection with the Foxen Canyon Pipeline along Foxen Canyon Road.
- Development of approximately 29 pads (including new construction and redevelopment of existing well pads and a Tank Battery pad), field access roads and the installation of up to 231 oil production, injection and water wells.
- Construction of new processing facilities including tanks, loading racks, separators, heater treaters, five (5) steam generators, and other associated equipment.
- Construction of field pipeline and water systems including a production gathering network, steam distribution network, and a supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) system to monitor wells and equipment.
- Construction of project infrastructure would also include a new office building, workshop and operator building.
- Addition of utility/electric lines to well pads.
Notice of Preparation
Public Scoping Meeting Notice
Permit Application Materials